Interested applicants should submit:
- an application form, (click on this phrase or obtain a hard copy from the Office of the Dean, College of Liberal Arts, Sciences, and Technologies);
- transcripts from undergraduate college(s) and any prior graduate work;
- letters of recommendation from the most recent academic advisor and one other faculty member;
- a plan of graduate study and the graduate program's expectations for timely completion of studies;
- a personal essay: (300 words, typed) "My professional goals" to be evaluated for content and writing skills;
- a copy of the letter of acceptance into a graduate program.
Submit all materials to:
Office of the Dean
College of Liberal Arts, Sciences, and Technologies
800 Florida Avenue, NE
Washington, DC 20002
Applications may be submitted by February 1, 2009 onwards. Review of applications will be ongoing and will end May 30, 2009. Finalists might be asked for an interview, either on campus or through videoconferencing. Conditional acceptance may be granted if the applicant's letter of acceptance from a graduate program is pending (such confirmation must be confirmed by May 30, 2009). Notifications will begin May 15, and all applicants will be notified no later than June 15, 2009.
If you have questions, please send an e-mail to: Patricia.Hill@gallaudet.edu.