Conditions of Appointment
This fellowship provides tuition support up to $18,000 per year and an annual stipend for recipients. Applicants are also encouraged to seek scholarships and other funding sources through their graduate programs. The Gallaudet Graduate School will assist these efforts as appropriate.
- Recipients will participate as appropriate in New Faculty Orientation in August 2009.
- Recipients will be expected to serve as teaching assistants in appropriate departments at Gallaudet University and teach one course per semester or two sessions during summer school. Recipients may also opt to serve as a tutor in the Tutorial and Instructional Programs unit.
- Recipients will be expected to attend faculty development mentoring activities as appropriate at Gallaudet University.
- Recipients will be expected to maintain good standing in their graduate program and to make timely progress toward their degree.
- Academic and teaching performance will be monitored by the recipient's academic department and reviewed by the President's Fellowship Committee annually.
The term of appointment is one year with reappointment contingent on satisfactory academic and teaching performance. The home academic department shall provide evaluation of teaching performance.