Physical Education and Recreation
Field House (FI)
Office HoursPhone Numbers
Mon/Wed: 1:30 - 3:30 p.m.
Tues/Thur: 3:00 - 4:30 p.m.
All other times, by appointment only
||Anita Marchitelli, Ed.S.
Associate Professor of Physical Education and Recreation
- Ed.S., Supervision/Administration, Gallaudet University, 1991
- M.A., Physical Education, University of Maryland, 1972
- B.S., Physical Education, University of Maryland, 1974
Ms. Marchitelli entered Gallaudet and began teaching in the Fall 1974. She has coached field hockey, and tennis. She is the consultant (advocate for deaf lifeguards), she has many people contacting her for information on deaf lifeguards. Ms. Marchitelli has worked with deaf and hearing children as an assistant director and now the director for the Children's Instructional Summer Program since 1975.
She enjoys swimming, reading, walking in the woods and on the beach.
Ms. Marchitelli recently wrote a paper, "The Deaf as Lifeguards/Patron Surveillance is the Key."
Teaching: Camping/Canoeing, Beginning Swimming, Basic Water Rescue, PR/FA, Lifeguard Training, Water Safety Instructor, CPR/FA Review
Memberships: AAHPER (lifetime member), American Running/Fitness Association (life member)
Service: Children's Instructional Summer Program, In-service Training for lifeguards, First Aid/CPR training for lifeguards and other's, Aquatic Director
- Aquatics and children's summer camps (directing and organizing)
- Swimming at all levels
- CPR/FA and Lifeguarding -Methods of teaching swimming, camping and canoeing