Application for the Results! Mentoring Program at Gallaudet Interpreting Services
Due Date: *March 1, 2013 11:59 pm
GENERAL APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS:
- Application Inquiry form*
- Cover Letter
- Short Answer Questions
- 3 Letters of recommendation
- Deaf consumer of interpreting service (or Deaf colleague for Deaf Interpreter Applicants)
- Certified Interpreter (hearing or Deaf)
- Other professional reference (not a relative of the applicant)
- Video Application** (see below)
LEGAL APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS:
- National Certification (RID)
- 5+ years of experience (documented on your Resume)
Cover letter should include information about your interpreting background, your reasons for interest in the program, and your previous legal experience.
*DEADLINE EXTENSION FOR LEGAL COHORT:
- Application Inquiry form due March 1, 2013
- Application Material due March 14, 2013.
- Letters of Recommendation due March 21st.
DEAF INTERPRETER APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS:
- Experience working as a Deaf Interpreter (documented on your Resume)
Cover letter should include information about your interpreting background, interpreter training or professional development, experience with the Deafblind community, SSP experience, and your reasons for interest in the program.
**After all documentation is received, applicants will be contacted to schedule a date to take the live video application. This process will be completed online using webconferencing software. You must have access to a computer with webcam capabilities and high speed internet (wifi). This process will include two work samples and a section on ethics/decision making.
Application Questions: To view/download the questions on the application, click here.
APPLICATION INQUIRY FORM:
*After you have submitted this form, you will receive an email containing the application website and instructions for completing the above portions of the application. This website will also contain practice videos you can use to prepare yourself for the live portion of the application process.