1. Deaf or hard of hearing students who have been accepted into Gallaudet, but not accepted into the Honors Program.
2. Deaf or hard of hearing students who have been accepted into Gallaudet and the Honors Program, but later decline to participate in the Honors Program
3. Deaf or hard of hearing students who have been accepted into Gallaudet and offered the President's Honors Distinction Scholarship, but declined to participate in (or were not admitted) into the Honors Program.
1. $8,000 ($4,000 per semester) towards tuition annually for a total of 4 years.
2. Students are responsible for paying required fees.
3. GPA and related requirements must be met each semester to continue award.
4. 2013 Rules and Program Terms
1. Achievement of honor, distinction, or merit in one or more of the following areas: general scholarship; community service/ leadership; creative/ performing/ visual arts; and/or other areas worthy of recognition.
2. Minimum cumulative high school GPA: 3.0 (on 4.0 scale).
3. ACT Scores between 22-25 in both Reading and English or SAT score between 570-599 in Critical Reading.
ACT-SAT Concordance Tables