Submission and Review Process
The Committee will announce the call-for-proposals via e-mail a month before their due date. Funding may be provided only for proposed activities that occur between the dates specified in your email.
To apply, prepare your application:
- Download the two forms (cover page and budget itemization) that are a required part of your application packet.
- Write your proposal making sure it includes all relevant sections.
- Gather supporting documentation for your role and all the expenses you included in your budget itemization form.
- Use the checklist provided to ensure your application is complete.
To submit, choose either:
- Save all your documents as one PDF or MS Word doc file and email them to the chair of the committee by the date and time specified in the call-for-proposals email.
- Make five (5) copies of your application and deliver them to the Committee's chair by the date and time specified in the call-for-proposals email.
The committee is responsible for receiving and reviewing proposals submitted using the following criteria:
- Completeness of faculty professional development grant application;
- Presentation of the proposed activity (clarity, organization, readability);
- Alignment with and contribution to the priority areas and the strategic plan;
- Purpose and need of the proposed activity for faculty;
- Potential for lasting effect to the Gallaudet community beyond the funding period;
- Feasibility of the proposed activity, and
- Completeness of supporting documents.