How are the residence halls staffed?
All residence halls are staffed by the following:
- Coordinators of Residence Education (CRE) - professional staff that have the overall administrative responsibility for residence hall management, resident discipline, budget management, hall programming, and paraprofessional program coordination.
- Team Leader (TL) - full time staff whose primary responsibilities are to maintain communication between Campus Life and the SRAs, ensure office coverage for SRA shifts, resolving minor issues not requiring the CRE on call, and cover residence hall offices when needed.
- Staff Residential Assistant (SRA) - full or part-time staff whose primary responsibilities involve monitoring entry into the residence hall and performing other office functions. SRAs work closely with fellow Campus Life staff members and the Department of Public Safety in maintaining the security of residence halls.
- Hall Resident Advisor (HRA) - student paraprofessionals who report directly to the CRE. HRAs assist the CRE in residence hall management, resident discipline, and paraprofessional development.
- Senior Peer Advisor (SrPA) - former Peer Advisors who work in liaison with the PA Program Coordinator and the Mental Health Center in the planning and coordinating of the Peer Advisor Program. The SrPAs also assist their CRE in the supervision of Peer Advisors (PA) by, among other duties, making sure that rules of conduct and confidentiality are strictly followed and that Peer Advisor payroll data is collected on a timely basis.
- Peer Advisor (PA) - paraprofessional staff of Campus Life who work as a team with members of the Mental Health Center. Peer Advisors are responsible for performing the four paraprofessional roles of counseling, advising, administrating, and programming.
- Resident Assistant (RA) - paraprofessional staff who report directly to the CRE. RAs assist the CRE in residence hall programming, administrative work, emergency procedures, and community development in all six residential halls.
- Weekend Resident Assistant (WRA): paraprofessional staff on-par with regular RA staff but with the additional responsibility of providing office coverage during weekends throughout the year.
The front desk at each residence hall is staffed 24 hours a day/7 days a week.