Gallaudet University is a member of the Consortium of Universities of the Washington Metropolitan Area. If students are interested in taking a course at another University and they have decided which University to attend, as well as the courses to take, then they should meet with their Academic Advisor to get started on the registration process. To ensure that registration goes smoothly, students should do the following:
- Visit http://www.consortium.org for all course descriptions and requirements, schedules, course fees, maps/directions.
- Pick up an Undergraduate Consortium Registration Authorization form and a course selection form in the Registrar's Office.
- Obtain required signatures on Authorization form (student's academic advisor, consortium advisor and appropriate Dean).
- Both the authorization form and the course selection form must be completed and submitted to the Consortium Coordinator in the Registrar's Office before the deadline date (refer to the Gallaudet University undergraduate academic calendar for deadline dates).
- Students will be guided further as they are pre-registered here at Gallaudet and their requests are submitted to the Consortium visited school involved.