Academic/Career Advisor Responsibilities:
- Help students define and develop career interest/goals.
- Identify special needs.
- Match students' needs with available resources and make appropriate referrals.
- Assist students with planning programs consistent with their abilities and interests.
- Monitor students' academic progress.
- Prepare for course selection for the following semester.
- Maintain confidentiality.
- Gather all relevant decision-making information.
- Clarify personal values and goals.
- Become knowledgeable about college programs, policies, and procedures.
- Read the catalog carefully, be aware of degree programs and requirements at the university, and make use of all academic resources on campus.
- Accept responsibility for decisions made.
- Ask questions if a specific concern or an issue is not clear.