Departmental Standards for Faculty Actions
This page contains hyperlinks to documents with the standards adopted by each academic department for faculty merit increases, promotion in rank, and the grant of continuous tenure. It is organized by school, then alphabetically by department and/or program within each school. As of October 17, 2013, this page has been revised to reflect the reorganization of the Division of Academic Affairs and the consolidation of several departments.
Departments and programs review their criteria periodically, and revise them as they deem appropriate to ensure the highest standards for faculty actions. The latest version of the criteria for each department and program is shown here.
College of Arts and Sciences (eight departments and one program)
- American Sign Language and Deaf Studies
- Art, Communication, and Theatre
- History, Philosophy, Religion, and Sociology
- General Studies Program
- Science [Biology Chemistry and Physics] Technology, and Mathematics
- World Languages and Cultures
School of Education, Business, and Human Services (eight departments)
- Government and Public Affairs
- Hearing, Speech, and Language Sciences
- Physical Education and Recreation
- Social Work