Grades, Transcripts and Diplomas
Grade reports are available for students to view and print in BISON.
Transcripts and Diplomas
The official transcript is Gallaudet University's official statement of your academic record. It lists all courses (completed & currently enrolled) and all grades earned, along with the applicable semester. The official transcript also contains notations of majors, minors, degrees and graduation honors received.
For your protection, we will not release an official transcript without your permission and signature. The official transcript is printed on security sensitive paper and contains the University Seal and the signature of the University Registrar.
Current Students, Faculty & Staff: (via BISON)
Please log in by entering your Gallaudet Username and password (Jane.Doe)
Your may order transcripts through BISON by:
- Log onto BISON
- Select Self Service
- Select Student Center
- Select My Academics
- Select Request Official Transcript (if the Transcript on Demand window does not automatically open, please click on "Recipient Info - Transcript" tab).
Former Students / Alumni - Click here for Fast & Easy Online Ordering
What are the benefits of making an online transcript request?
- Convenient 24/7 ordering access, including order status check
- Faster service due to reduced processing time
- Secure transactions
- Ability to order multiple transcripts for multiple recipients in one order
Your transcript request is securely linked to the Transcript on Demand hosted by Scripe-Safe. Scripe-Safe is the vendor that Gallaudet University contracts with to provide transcripts through an encrypted, secure service. To use this service, payment must be made by credit or debit card at the time of request.
Requesting by Fax or Mail:
To order official transcripts by fax or mail, print and fill out the fillable Transcript Request Form (pdf). Transcripts requested by fax or mail will be processed within 7 to 10 business days from the date we receive your request. Requests are processed in the order received. Please allow additional time during peak periods, such as the start and end of the semester, final grade posting and degree posting. To process your request as quickly as possible, be sure to complete all sections of the Transcript Request form.
Order in Person:
A photo ID is required when you order and pick up transcripts.
Students may order or receive official transcripts at the Office of the Registrar in the Chapel Hall Suite 101, 800 Florida Ave NE, Washington, DC 20002. Office hours are Mon-Fri, 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. You may pay for your official transcript by check, money order, or debit/credit card.
Requesting RUSH (Same Day) Transcripts:
Gallaudet University offers RUSH service to obtain your official transcripts. *RUSH orders must be submitted by 1:00PM EST. The fee is $15 for RUSH processing.
Processing times and costs:
||Processing time/ additional info
||$17.25 per copy
- Ready 7-10 business days after 12 p.m.
- Photo ID required
- Pick up within 30 days or it will be destroyed (fees are non-refundable).
||$17.25 per copy
- Ready for mailing within 7-10 business days.
||Additional $15.00 fee
- *Processed on same business day, for pick-ups or mail.
||Domestic U.S.: Add $25 to transcript fee
International: Add $35 to transcript fee
- No delivery to P.O. boxes - MUST be a complete street address.
- Rush/FedEx orders must be submitted by 1:00 p.m. EST for same business day mail out.
||$15 for each number to be faxed to
- Before requesting a fax, please confirm with the recipient that a fax will be accepted.
- Faxed transcripts in most cases are not considered official.
Transcripts are not issued for students who owe money to the University or has any other outstanding obligations, i.e., library fines, dorm fees, parking tickets. It is against the law to make copies of transcripts from other institutions. You must make your request directly to that institution.
Diplomas are issued only once. Any errors must be brought to the attention of the Registrar’s Office within 90 days of receipt. At that time, the original diploma must be returned to the university.