Office of the Ombuds
Location: Ely Center 113
Phone Number: 202.559.5079
Welcome! If you're a member of the campus community and you want help with solving a problem, the Office of the Ombuds is the place to go.
About the Office of the Ombuds
Launched in January 2008, the Office of the Ombuds provides conflict management resources to all members of the campus community, including students and their families, faculty, staff, alumni, and others.
How can the Ombuds help you?
The Ombuds provides you with a confidential, neutral, informal and independent place to:
• Develop options
• Obtain referrals
• Clarify University policies and procedures
• Find solutions to problems
• Empower yourself to achieve academic, professional, and personal success
If you have University-related concerns or trouble accessing information, the Ombuds can help guide you to what you need.
Why Use the Ombuds?
If you feel trapped, lost, or confused, the Office of the Ombuds is a safe place where you can discuss your concerns confidentially and informally. All conversations are off the record.
During your visit with the Ombuds, you will:
• Focus on the issues, not people or personalities
• Work collaboratively to address real problems
• Identify and discuss creative solutions and resources
• Save or repair important relationships during conflict
• Redirect your attention to your work and studies
Your visit matters!
Walk-ins are welcome, but appointments are preferred so the Ombuds can reserve enough time to listen to you and help you explore different options and resources. To make an appointment, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 202-559-5079.
The Ombuds Office operates according to the International Ombudsman Association (IOA) Code of Ethics and Standards of Practice.