Course Selection Process
For all new incoming students (new and transfer), course selection occurs during the week of New Student Orientation (NSO). Course selection is determined based on results of American Sign Language (ASL), English and Math placement tests, and transfer credits, if applicable. Students will meet with their Academic Advisor during NSO for initial course registration.
Each semester thereafter, students are expected to meet with their Academic Advisors for pre-registration meeting before they can register online. Academic Advisors will guide or offer advice on which courses students should take based on their potential major or career plans. After the Academic Advisor approves a student's course selections, he/she will be ready to register for classes online (Bison) at a pre-arranged date/time.
Do's for course registration:
- Do refer to undergraduate catalogue for course descriptions.
- Do check if there are any pre-requisites.
- Do check for potential time conflicts.
- Do have 1-3 alternative course selections.
- Do come to pre-registration meeting prepared for discussion
- Please refer to calendar for important dates to add or drop a course, change to an audit, or withdraw from a course.