When You Apply
All Hearing Undergraduate Student applicants must have American Sign Language skills at the time of application. A working knowledge of Deaf culture is strongly recommended. The application process has two phases, described below.
Application Process: Phase 1
- Submit your application online, along with the $50 application fee.
- Submit one written essay and one video essay in American Sign Language.
- Send two letters of recommendation.
- Request that your high school transcript be sent to Gallaudet University. We accept both paper and electronic transcripts. If you have your transcript sent electronically, it should be sent to email@example.com.
- Submit your ACT or SAT scores.
Application Process: Phase 2
- The HUG/BAI admissions counselor will contact you to arrange an admissions interview and language screening.
- At the time of your interview, you will be given information about the American Sign Language Proficiency Interview (ASLPI).
- You will be notified of our admissions decision within four to six weeks.