Before You Apply
- Take the American College Testing (ACT) or the Scholastic Aptitude Test (SAT)
- Gallaudet University requires all applicants to take an entrance exam. We use the ACT and the SAT tests as entrance exams. They are standardized tests that measure your reading and writing skills in English, and your understanding of mathematics.
- Please visit the Gallaudet Test Center for more information on standardized testing. When taking the ACT, please take the writing section. This is required of all our applicants.
- We do not accept Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) or the International English Language Testing System (IELTS).
- For more information:
- Academic Placement and Advanced Placement Credit
- Students may be eligible to receive advanced credit for exams passed during secondary school. If you took IB, A level, AP, Arbitur, CAPE, or French Baccalaureate exams while in secondary school, visit Advanced Placement Tests
- International Transfer Credits
- International Student Services