LETTER FROM FINANCIAL AID
Embarking upon graduate school is a big decision - due in part to the costs of attending. At Gallaudet, we understand the time and thought behind making graduate school work for you and your goals of professional development, changing careers, or fulfilling a lifelong passion. Please take a moment to learn more about the options and opportunities available to fund your education., by visiting the Financial Aid website: http://financialaid.gallaudet.edu. Early submission of complete financial aid information will allow our Financial Aid Office to determine any and all assistance for which you may be eligible.
The traditional academic year begins in August and ends in May. The Summer 2014 term is considered an addendum to the 2013-2014 academic year. Funding for summer programs has always been extremely limited and highly regulated. Financial aid is NOT intended to meet all of your living costs, and students must be prepared to meet their own non-educational living needs when they attend.
Non-traditional programs such as the 15-month Summer/Online MA program in Sign Language Education require a case-by-case review of a student's financial aid applications applications and enrollment records. You are required to formally register for classes and submit all of your applications for financial aid, in order for the Financial Aid Office to determine your eligibility for aid. The deadline for all Summer financial aid (including student loans requests) is May 20th.
Any Gallaudet undergraduate that plans to graduate in May and matriculate into a graduate program this summer, must correct their 2013-2014 FAFSA and resubmit it to the Department of Education no later than April 30th. Students may come to the Financial Aid Office for assistance in making the necessary corrections. Failure to correct the FAFSA will result in ineligibility for all financial aid programs, including but not limited to student loans.
Tips for maximizing your financial aid:
· Applying for financial aid is as easy as 1, 2, 3! Application Instructions for Financial Aid are available to assist new students with three steps required, in order to be considered for all financial aid programs.
· Summer 2014 is part of the 2013-2014 academic year. Applicants must complete the 2013-2014 FAFSA and Summer IFAA in BISON* for the 2014 aid year.
*New students must be formally accepted into the program, in order to be issued a username and password for BISON.
· Students currently enrolled at Gallaudet as undergraduates must correct their existing FAFSA prior to April 30th.
· Financial aid is awarded on a first-come, first-served basis. APPLY EARLY!
· The deadline for all Summer 2014 financial aid is May 20th. No applications or requests will be accepted after May 20th. This includes, but is not limited to, student loan requests.
Questions regarding financial aid eligibility and concerns can be directed to email@example.com. We hope to see you at Gallaudet University this summer!
FINANCIAL AID TIPS
Register for all courses before the start of the semester (even though your online course may not start until halfway through the semester), because your aid will be calculated based on the number of credits you are enrolled for. You are eligible to apply for student loan if you are registered for 6 or more credits for that semester. Think carefully about your course sequence, waivers and number of credits per semester because your decisions will impact financial aid.