Services on Campus
GRADUATE STUDENT ASSOCIATION (GSA)
These are the forms you need to apply for funding from Graduate Student Association (GSA) at Gallaudet for attending or presenting at conferences such as ASLTA. For conference attendees, you can apply for $250 to help with your conference expenses. For conference main presenters, you can apply for $500.
GSA Travel Fund Application Requirements <--Click here
GSA Graduate Travel Fund<-- Click here
Travel Advance Reimbursement Form* <--Click here
Your program coordinator is your advisor, and your advisor will need to sign the form and return it to you. Then you can send the three forms to the current president of GSA. Currently the GSA president is Brian Tingley, Brian.Tingley@gallaudet.edu <--Click here
The sooner you apply, the better your chances will be in getting awarded. You will only be reimbursed after the conference when you submit your receipts, so expect to pay out of your pocket now, then receive reimbursement later.
*Fill out all the estimated expenses send to GSA along with your travel fund application, and fill out the actual expenses after the trip along with receipts and return to GSA.
Monday, May 20 - Friday, August 9 (Regular Hours)
Monday-Thursday 8:00am - 8:00pm
Friday 8:00am - 5:00pm
Saturday 1:00pm - 5:00pm
Sunday 1:00pm - 5:00pm
Reference Librarian Service:Monday - Friday8:00am - 5:00pm
Or by appointment: Contact us**Thursday, July 4 (Independence Day) - Closed**
Library website: http://www.gallaudet.edu/library.html
Have concerns about your courses, classmates, teachers? Standard procedure is to:
1) Address your concerns right away with the person. If the person does not respond and/or does not address the concern;
2) Share your concern with the course faculty if appropriate; and if the concern is not resolved,
3) Is this occurring during the summer? Share your concern with the summer staff coordinator. If coordinator does not respond and/or does not address the concern;
4) Share your concern with your faculty advisor, and if the advisor does not respond and/or does not address the concern;
5) Share your concern with the program coordinator, and if the program coordinator does not respond/or does not address the concern;
6) Share your concern with the department chair.
Hopefully the concern will be resolved earlier! :) Our goal is to make sure all of our courses and program goals are academically rigorous and promote a positive learning experience.