Deaf-blind Young Adults in Action: Participating in the Policy Process by invitation only
Enrollment By Invitation Only!
This is collaboration course between Burstein Leadership Institute and Helen Keller National Center (HKNC), American Association of the Deaf-Blind (AADB), Texas Tech University (TTU), and American Foundation for the Blind (AFB). Course content prepares young adults with deaf-blindness through discussion, and guided practice with mentors on current legislative efforts that are designed to improve the lives of people who are deaf-blind by increasing access to educational/community resources and services.
- Knowledge about the origins of deafblind legislative efforts, current status, and remaining action steps for achieving the goals of the legislative efforts.
- Hands-on experience on advocacy
- Constructive feedback for skill development through peer-mentoring and collaboration
- Action plans based upon personal values, interests, and the unique community resources within their home states
- Certificate of attendance and participation