Grassroots Advocacy International Leadership Training
PST 618 Grassroots International Leadership Training is designed for developing skills among emerging and promising leaders from around the world. This workshop will use the training-the-trainer model and provide extensive training in the areas of capacity building, organizing dynamic forces, collaborating with government and non-government agencies, and advocacy and empowerment. The participants will also have the opportunities to interact with leaders from other countries and visit headquarters of national organizations. The workshop leaders have international leadership experience and will involve information and strategies to infuse critical leadership skills among the participants.
- Develop skills in using the training-the-trainer model
- Develop thorough understanding of the UN Convention on Disability Right
- Prepare to work at national level leadership positions
- Develop effective leadership styles to organize grassroots level deaf people into dynamic and productive groups
- Develop skills in strategic planning and goal setting
- Understand various leadership styles and identify their own strengths
- Improve human relations skills
- Enhance knowledge about emotional intelligence and its uses.