Theatre arts training participants present their final performance.
Theatre arts training participants
create a "tree" on stage.
The Gerald “Bummy” Burstein Leadership Institute is offering intensive one-week leadership training in Theatre Arts for Deaf and Hard of Hearing People of Color (PST 612, 3 credits)
. Focus is on three distinct areas: (1) History of deaf theatre and theatre arts of color, (2) actors movements, and (3) play production. The program is designed specifically for deaf people of color, who are interested in leisure and/or professional participation in deaf theatres.
- Knowledge of history of theater, Deaf Theater, and Deaf Theater of Color.
- Substantive knowledge and skills in actors’ movements encompassing expression, physical awareness, character development, and self-exploration.
- Knowledge and skills in play production
- Mentor support opportunities
- Certificate of completion