CGE Curriculum Action/Approval Forms
To decide how to submit paperwork for a curriculum action:
- Identify what action you require. Please refer to the Table of Authorities to determine minor versus major curriculum actions.
- Complete the appropriate portions of the Proposal Form.
- Submit an electronic copy to Dr. Gaurav Mathur, Interim Dean of the Graduate School, Dr. Lawrence Pick, CGE Chair, and your School Dean. All department/program actions (green column) will be shared with CGE and the Senate by the CGE Chair. All curriculum actions requiring CGE approval will initially be processed by Dr. Mathur and then shared with the CGE Curriculum Committee for formal review.
Please complete the CGE Curriculum Action Proposal Form for all program or curriculum modifications. Please refer to the Table of Authorities for guidance.
October 5, 2015 deadline for:
- New Programs for Fall 2015
- Revised Programs for Spring 2016
- Revised Programs for Summer 2016
- New and Revised Courses for Spring 2016
- New and Revised Courses for Summer 2016
February 8, 2016 deadline for:
- Revised Programs for Fall 2016
- New and Revised Courses for Fall 2016
Prior to submitting online, blended or hybrid courses proposals to the Council on Graduate Education, please contact The Office of Distance Education for information concerning the peer review/certification process: Office of Distance Education Website.
All new program proposals must be reviewed and approved by the New Program Review (NPR) Committee before they can be reviewed by the CGE. Complete information regarding the NPR process can be found at the link below. At this website you will find a step-by-step description of the process and downloadable versions of the NPR Stage 1 and Stage 2 proposal forms, as well as the forms used by the NPR Committee to review proposals: NPR Committee Website.