About the Authors and Reviewers
This information is part of an online guide, Resources for Mainstream Programs
In its original format, Resources for Mainstream Programs was to be a traditional book. This list of authors and contributing authors includes only individuals who helped create the original book. However, with the change to an online format and the subsequent ability to swiftly add or edit content, the list of contributors has expanded considerably. Sincere thanks go to every individual and program who has contributed to the collection of information in this guide.
About the Author
Debra Nussbaum, MA, CCC-A, audiologist and coordinator of the Cochlear Implant Education Center at the Laurent Clerc National Deaf Education Center at Gallaudet University, has worked with deaf and hard of hearing children since 1977. She has developed numerous resource materials and presented nationally and internationally on the topic of developing auditory and speech skills with deaf children who also use sign language and on educational planning considerations for all deaf and hard of hearing children.
Dennis Berrigan, MEd, is coordinator of the ASL Department at the Model Secondary School for the Deaf, part of the Laurent Clerc National Deaf Education Center.
Jan-Marie Fernandez, MA, CCC-SLP, is principal of Mantua Elementary School in Fairfax County, Va.
Susan Jacoby, PhD, is an audiologist and director of Planning and Organizational Development at the Laurent Clerc National Deaf Education Center.
Marilyn Sass-Lehrer, PhD, is a professor in the Department of Education at Gallaudet University.
Juniper Sussman, CSC, is coordinator of Language and Cultural Mediation at the Laurent Clerc National Deaf Education Center.
The Clerc Center is grateful to the following contributors and reviewers for generously sharing their expertise and experience:
- Jessica Bauer, Speech-Language Pathologist, Lincoln Public Schools, Lincoln, Nebraska
- Dennis Berrigan, Coordinator, ASL Department, Model Secondary School for the Deaf,
- Laurent Clerc National Deaf Education Center
- Summer Crider, Graduate Assistant, Department of ASL and Deaf Studies, Gallaudet University, and creator of "Summer's Story" series CD
- Jan-Marie Fernandez, Principal, Mantua Elementary School, Fairfax County, Virginia
- Susan Jacoby, Director, New Initiatives Management, Laurent Clerc National Deaf Education Center
- Katherine A. Jankowski, former Dean, Laurent Clerc National Deaf Education Center
- Mary Ann Kinsella-Meier, Coordinator, Cochlear Implant Program, Maryland School for the Deaf
- Allison Murtha, Teacher of the Deaf, D.C. Public Schools
- Marilyn Sass-Lehrer, Professor, Department of Education, Gallaudet University
- Juniper Sussman, Coordinator, Language and Cultural Mediation, Laurent Clerc National Deaf Education Center