Product of the Month Features Beyond Strategies: Book Sharing the Deaf Way
Beyond Strategies: Book Sharing the Deaf Way
Product of the Month Value Price: $19.95 (regularly $24.95)
Sale ends November 30, 2010
Beyond Strategies: Book Sharing the Deaf Way, by Lynne Erting, PhD, is a user-friendly professional development resource specially designed for early childhood teachers, child care providers, and future teachers wishing to enhance their ability to share books in American Sign Language (ASL) with young deaf and hard of hearing children.
- Explanations of the culturally based literacy practices Deaf teachers use to share books
- Program is presented in ASL with options for adding a spoken English voiceover and English subtitles
- Video clips show examples from four classroom-based book sharing sessions
- Teachers share insights and discuss each video clip
- Guided practice items and additional resources
To maximize accessibility for a wide range of audiences, the program is presented in ASL with options for adding a spoken English voiceover and/or English subtitles.