Save the date for DANCE-tasticThe Model Secondary School for the Deaf (MSSD) Performing Arts Program is celebrating 30 years of bringing together outstanding deaf and hard of hearing dancers--both MSSD students and professionals--to perform in its annual concert, DANCE-tastic.
"Throughout the years, we have watched with delight MSSD alumni return to Theatre Malz in new roles as professional dancers and choreographers," said Yola Rozynek, dance concert producer and director. "We have forged many dance partnerships with dance and school companies who have entertained audiences with dances from Asia, Africa, South and Central America, Europe, and the United States. In celebration of those amazing years, we bring you DANCE-tastic."
The choreographers for the MSSD student dance numbers will include: Ameena Patterson (jazz/Afro/hip hop), Wade Green (modern), Briana Johnson (hip hop), Jason Almendarez (contemporary), Mervin Primeaux (modern/jazz), Antonio Webb (hip hop), and Yola Rozynek (emotional modern).
The guest companies will include:
- Urban Jazz (Antoine Hunter)
- Antonio Webb-Soloist
- Bison with Attitude Dance Company
- Dynamic Duo (Wade Green and Ameena Patterson)
- Gallaudet Dance Company
- The Wild Zappers/National Deaf Dance Theater
- Pentimento International (Alexandria Wailes, Wade Green, Jubil Khan, Mervin Primeaux, Ameena Patterson, Antoine Hunter, Warren "Wawa" Snipe, and Yola Rozynek; with choreography by Alexandria Wailes, Antoine, Hunter and Mervin Primeaux)
- Thursday, February 2, at 10 a.m.
- Friday, February 3, at 8 p.m.
- Saturday, February 4, at 8 p.m.
For ticket reservations:
- E-mail Yolanta.Rozynek@gallaudet.edu
- Call (202) 651-5031
- Fax to (202) 651-5109
- $8 - Adults
- $7 - College students and senior citizens with I.D.
- $3 - Per person for school groups.