Social Work Internship
Internship in Social Work 2016
Please contact the Coordinator of Training, LaNiña Mompremier, Ph.D. via e-mail at email@example.com if you have any questions about the application process.
Please click the link to view the CAPS Training Brochure
Applications are due by November 6, 2015 and must include:
- a cover letter indicating your interest in the position;
- a resume or curriculum vitae;
- two letters of recommendation with at least one letter from your department;
- a 10-15 minute videotape of a mock counseling session (with a volunteer "client") that is conducted in American Sign Language; and
- copy of ASLPI results from Gallaudet University showing a 3 or better rating.
Please Note: because of ethical concerns, applicants cannot have multiple relationships with CAPS or the Gallaudet student population. Thus, they cannot be past or current clients of CAPS or receive services as a client in the future. Some jobs on campus, such as in the residence halls or other part-time positions on campus, can create dual relationships. Therefore, it is possible that extern would not be able to hold certain positions on campus while in training at CAPS. Discuss any jobs that you have or concerns about this issue with the director.