President’s Honors Distinction Scholarship
$20,000 ($10,000 per semester) annually for a total of 4 years
Room and Board portion of this scholarship applies only to students who reside on campus and participate in University meal plans. Students who elect to live off campus will receive only the tuition portion.
Visit the Honors Program for more information about the program and how to apply.
Deaf or hard of hearing students who have been accepted into Gallaudet and the Honors Program.
1. $20,000 ($10,000 per semester) towards tuition and room and board for 4 years.*
2. Students are responsible for paying the balance and required fees.
3. GPA and related requirements, including good standing in Honors, must be met each semester to continue award.
4. 2014 Rules and Program Terms.
1. Minimum cumulative GPA from previous educational institution (high school and/or college): 3.5 (on 4.0 scale). Adjustments may be made for recognized Honors and/or Advanced Placement courses taken in high school.
2. ACT Scores of at least 26 in both Reading and English or SAT score of 600-800 in Critical Reading.
ACT-SAT Concordance Tables
3. An initial placement is determined after a review of a student's academic history and interview performance. However, this placement is contingent upon satisfactory completion of two additional admission criteria: summer discussion board and the Honors New Student Orientation Retreat. Final placement decisions are made before the start of first semester classes.