Students, faculty and staff:
If you need or would like to schedule an American Sign Language Proficiency Interview (ASLPI), you should begin by visiting the ASL Diagnostic and Evaluation Services (ASL-DES) website: www.gallaudet.edu/asldes/aslpi/aslpi_scheduling.html.
If you have any questions, please email ASLPI@gallaudet.edu.
ASLPI Fee information:
- Matriculated full-time undergraduate, graduate students, and non-degree-seeking students: $35 per ASLPI evaluation
- Gallaudet University faculty: $110 per ASLPI evaluation. The Division of Academic Affairs will cover the cost for one ASLPI evaluation per academic year for faculty members who must take the ASLPI for reappointment, promotion, or tenure. If a second ASLPI evaluation is scheduled within the academic year, the faculty member must cover the cost.
- Gallaudet University staff: $110 per ASLPI evaluation
- Clerc Center administrators, teachers, and staff: $110 per ASLPI evaluation
- Applicants for undergraduate and graduate programs, and employment positions requiring the ASLPI prior to admission/hire: $165 per ASLPI evaluation
- Others: $165 per ASLPI evaluation