Congressional Deaf Awareness Briefing
Congressmen Kevin Yoder, Steve Stockman, Mark Takano and Mike Rogers invite the Gallaudet Community to participate in a Congressional Deaf Awareness Briefing on Thursday, December 12 from 11:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
- Learn about the challenges facing the Deaf and Hard of Hearing in the workplace.
- How to build "ladders" for individuals in the Deaf Community.
- Unique partnership opportunities with Gallaudet University.
- Disability policy and advocacy opportunities.
- How to tap into a large pool of motivated students for internship opportunities.
Fred Weiner, assistant vice president for Administration, Gallaudet University
Howard Rosenblaum, National Association of the Deaf
Rep. Steve Stockman, Texas' 36th District
Rep. Kevin Yoder, Kansas' 3rd District
Rep. Mark Takano, California's 41st District
Rep. Mike Rogers, Alabama's 3rd District
Lunch will be provided.
Please RSVP to Dennis Robers, firstname.lastname@example.org