The Department of Business's Volunteer Income Tax Assistance program provides free tax preparation to low income taxpayers on Thursday, March 27 through Saturday, March 29 from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. in ELY, Room 202D. Walk-ins welcome.
The service is provided by Gallaudet students, faculty, and staff in the Department of Business and by staff from the local Internal Revenue Service office.
All returns are filed electronically. Refunds may be received within 7-14 days
What to Bring:
- Photo ID for you and each person on your tax return
- Social Security card for each person on your tax return
- W-2 form for all jobs held in 2013
- All 1099's, 1098's, and other tax forms for 2013
- Voided check or bank account and routing for direct deposit
- Last year's tax return (if any)
- Childcare provider information
- Other tax documents you may have.
Questions? Contact Emilia Chukwuma or Makur Aciek.