To avoid confusion, here is a quick checklist of services the Distribution Center can provide. If you don't see the service you need listed, call or e-mail the Distribution Center and they will advise whether they can be of assistance or if an outside vendor is required.
- Provide on-site set-up (limited number of tables, chairs & stages available) for campus parties and special events, outdoor athletic activities and seminars. Events requiring large number of tables and chairs will be referred to Patricia Hopkins in Contracts and Purchasing Department for cost of rental from off-campus vendor
- Facilitate small moves on campus (Move Request)
- Deliver surplus or newly received furniture or equipment
- Transport equipment or furniture to locations off campus
- Move copier machines or computer equipment, unless obsolete or surplus
- Remove trash (other than broken or obsolete furniture and equipment) from buildings
- Assemble or disassemble furniture or equipment, unless obsolete or surplus
- Assist offices with long-term requests or requests from students
The Distribution Center has a limited number of tables, chairs, stages, and other equipment available for campus use. During busy times or for a large event, the demand may be greater than the supply. The Purchasing Department can assist with the rental of equipment/furniture from an outside vendor, the department making the request is responsible for all rental fees.
If the furniture or equipment has a Gallaudet ID tag, you need to complete a Furniture & Equipment Inventory Form and place with items to be moved.
Requests should be sent 10 days prior if possible. Please contact us for setup and/or move requests.
Requests for assistance after regular work hours or on weekends will be charged for hours worked. Contact us for an estimate of costs.