KTP Mission Statement and Goals
Keeping the Promise will promote the intellectual advancement of Black and Latin@ Deaf students by demonstrating and reinforcing the essential values of scholarship and perseverance through intentionally-designed activities that foster motivation, empowerment, academic excellence, understanding of historical and cultural heritage, and model citizenship.
* Increase persistence, retention, and graduation rates of Black and Latin@ Deaf students.
* Support Black and Latin@ Deaf students in realizing their full potential.
* Equip Black and Latin@ Deaf collegians with success and survival skills.
* Offer self-awareness and multicultural learning events.
* Facilitate a campus-wide climate conducive to Black and Latin@ Deaf student success.
* Collaborate with other campus offices to support the education of Black and Latin@ Deaf students.