Subscribe to Gallaudet Alert
Gallaudet Alert Notification System is an email system based on a listserv. It works this way:
- The University President or his designee notifies the Department of Public Safety (DPS) of an unexpected closing (because of snow, for example), an emergency, or any other unusual situation.
- DPS sends the message using the listserv.
- All people who have subscribed to the listserv receive the announcement immediately.
The announcement can be sent to: email, pagers, cell phones (with text capability), laptops, PCs, and Personal Digital Assistants (e.g., Palm Pilot.) You can subscribe to the listserv on more than one device, for example, your pager and your PC.
How to Subscribe to the Listserv
- Use the device with the address to which you want the alert sent.
- With this device, send a completely blank message and nothing in the subject line to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- After the listserv has received your blank email, Gallaudet Alert will send you an acknowledgment and give you instructions to have your address added to the alert list. You will need to follow the instructions in order to be added.