Application Deadline: February 15
Applicants for the Ph.D. in Educational Neuroscience must complete the application procedures and meet the requirements for graduate study at Gallaudet University. Visit the Graduate Admissions web site for more information and a checklist of application requirements. Detailed program information and course descriptions are also available in the Graduate Catalog.
General Application Requirements
- Official transcripts of all undergraduate or graduate study (major preferred: biology, psychology, linguistics, cognitive neuroscience, education, interpretation, hearing speech and language sciences, philosophy, or other area related to Educational Neuroscience)
- 3.2 Undergraduate GPA or higher, a 3.6 or higher GPA in the undergraduate major
- An application fee of $50
- A completed graduate school application form
- Goal statement
- Three (3) letters of reference
Program Specific Requirement:
- GRE (General Test) scores
- At least two (2) of your three (3) letters of recommendation, which are required by Gallaudet’s general application requirements, must address your potential for conducting advanced doctoral studies. (May use same letters required for general application requirements.)
- Strong research background
- Narrative Statements – Both written English Essay and signed ASL digital “Essay”
In addition to the essay questions required in the Gallaudet Admission Application, please answer the question below in written English and in ASL (please be sure to answer all parts. Length limit: English, maximum 4 pages. ASL, maximum 5 minutes)
Explain your background research experiences, your future professional goals, and why you believe advanced graduate study specifically in the new discipline of Educational Neuroscience is the ideal course for you to achieve your goals.
- Bilingual language knowledge - in both ASL and English
- ASL: as indicated by the ASL Digital Essay
- English: as indicated by the Written English Competence in GRE.
- Resume detailing academic, professional, and research experience is required.
- An example of a completed written project (e.g., research report, course paper)
- An undergraduate course in basic statistics.
- You may be called for an interview with faculty from the PEN program.