Guide to Services
The Facilities Department is organized into the following areas:
- The FACILITIES ADMINISTRATIVE OFFICE includes the executive director, director, managers and office support functions.
- CUSTODIAL SERVICES, managed by Carolyn Gates, performs a variety of housekeeping functions in all campus buildings other than the Conference Center. Services include general cleaning, floor care, trash removal from buildings, and pest control in buildings.
- GROUNDS SERVICES, managed by Carlos Navas, maintains all the exterior areas of the campus including the turf grass, athletic fields, trees, shrubs, flowers, paved areas, signage, and fences. Grounds Services also handles the campus trash after it comes out of the buildings and provides snow removal services.
- MAINTENANCE SERVICES, managed by Amon Brown, performs plumbing, electrical, carpentry, painting, elevator repair, and HVAC services for all campus buildings other than the Conference Center.
- UTILITIES SERVICES, managed by Amon Brown, is a 7 day per week, 24 hour per day operation and is responsible for the boilers and chillers in the Central Utilities Building which make steam and chilled water for distribution to campus buildings. Utilities Services also maintains the emergency generators, the potable water distribution system, and the high voltage electrical system on campus.
- CONSTRUCTION SERVICES, managed by the Office of Campus Design and Planning, provides project management services for capital improvement projects on the Kendall Green to include all campus buildings and oversees the Conference Center projects. These projects include major renovations to existing buildings as well as new construction. These projects generally exceed $25,000 in cost.
To Make a Work Request
To report a facilities problem in your building, or to get general information about facilities services, please contact the Facilities Department at (202) 250-2560 (VideoPhone), (202) 651-5181 (TTY/Voice), firstname.lastname@example.org, or Request Forms (Intranet).
The Facilities Department's primary function is to maintain and operate the campus buildings and facilities. However, the Facilities Department can also perform some minor work projects on campus buildings. We have a small projects crew that works on a planned schedule. Requests for project work should be directed to the Service Center. Departments are responsible for the cost of these projects. We gladly provide a cost estimate for any small project work you may need done in your area. If your job exceeds our capabilities, you may be referred to Construction Services, a separate unit within the division of Administration and Finance.