Refunds for Fall and Spring Semesters
Refunds for the unexpired portion of the semester will be made according to the time of withdrawal as follows:
Tuition and Room Charges
- During the first week of class, 80% of the charge
- During the second week of class, 60% of the charge
- During the third week of class, 40% of the charge
- During the fourth week of class, 20% of the charge
- Thereafter, no refund
Board - Pro rata refund
Fees - No refund
Tuition Refund for Maryland Residents Taking Online Courses Only
The refund is based on the proportion of total course, program or term completed as of the date of the withdrawal or termination:
- 10 days or less, 90% of the charge
- 11 to 21 days, 80% of the charge
- 22 to 33 days, 60% of the charge
- 34 to 44 days, 40% of the charge
- 45 to 66 days, 20% of the charge
- 67 days and after, no refund
A refund due to a Maryland student shall be based on the date of the withdrawal or termination and paid within 60 days from the date of the withdrawal or termination.
Tuition Refund for Wisconsin Residents Taking Online Courses Only
The student will receive a full refund of all money paid if the student cancels within the three business day cancellation period if the student accepted was unqualified and the school did not secure a disclaimer or if the school procured the student's enrollment as the result of false representations in the written materials used by the school or in oral representations made by or on behalf of the school.
A student who withdraws or is dismissed after the three business day cancellation period, but before completing 60% of the potential units of instruction in the current enrollment period, shall be entitled to a pro rata refund, as calculated below (less any amounts owed by student for the current enrollment period):
- 9 days or less, (20% of course completed) 100% of the charge
- 10 to 14 days, (30% of course completed) 70% of the charge
- 15 to 19 days, (40% of course completed) 60% of the charge
- 20 to 24 days, (50% of course completed) 50% of the charge
- 25 to 29 days, (60% of course completed) 40% of the charge
- 30 days and after, (100% of course completed) no refund of the charge
A written notice of withdrawal is not required. Gallaudet shall honor any valid notice of withdrawal given after the three business day cancellation period, and within 30 calendar days after the dismissal of the student or receipt of notice of withdrawal.
No refund is required for any student who withdraws or is dismissed after completing 60% of the potential units of instruction in the current enrollment period unless a student withdraws due to mitigating circumstances, which are those that directly prohibit pursuit of a program and which are beyond the student's control.
Gallaudet shall issue refunds within 40 days of the effective date of termination.
Room and Board Cancellations
If a student moves out of University housing during the semester, refunds will be made using the same criteria as for withdrawals. If a student moves into University housing during the semester, charges will be made based on the number of weeks remaining in the semester.
Refunds for Summer Session
Refunds for summer session tuition and fees will be made as follows:
- Tuition: 100% refund up to one week prior to the start of class. 50% refund if course is dropped one week preceding the start of class. No refund will be issued thereafter.
Room and Board: Pro rata refund based on full weeks only.
Fees: No refunds or cancellations.