Refunds for Fall and Spring Semesters
Refunds for the unexpired portion of the semester will be made according to the time of withdrawal as follows:
Tuition and Room Charges
- During the first week of class, 80% of the charge
- During the second week of class, 60% of the charge
- During the third week of class, 40% of the charge
- During the fourth week of class, 20% of the charge
- Thereafter, no refund
Board - Pro rata refund
Fees - No refund
Tuition Refund for Maryland Residents Taking Online Courses Only
The refund is based on the proportion of total course, program or term completed as of the date of the withdrawal or termination:
- 10 days or less, 90% of the charge
- 11 to 21 days, 80% of the charge
- 22 to 33 days, 60% of the charge
- 34 to 44 days, 40% of the charge
- 45 to 66 days, 20% of the charge
- 67 days and after, no refund
A refund due to a Maryland student shall be based on the date of the withdrawal or termination and paid within 60 days from the date of the withdrawal or termination.
Room and Board Cancellations
If a student moves out of University housing during the semester, refunds will be made using the same criteria as for withdrawals. If a student moves into University housing during the semester, charges will be made based on the number of weeks remaining in the semester.
Refunds for Summer Session
Refunds for summer session tuition and fees will be made as follows:
- Tuition: 100% refund up to one week prior to the start of class. 50% refund if course is dropped one week preceding the start of class. No refund will be issued thereafter.
Room and Board: Pro rata refund based on full weeks only.
Fees: No refunds or cancellations.