Creating and Formatting Questions with Respondus Using Publisher Test Banks with Respondus Importing Questions with Respondus Publishing to Blackboard
Respondus is a tool that can be used to create and manage exams that can be delivered on paper or published directly to Blackboard Learn. Quizzes and exams created in Respondus for Blackboard Learn can be published to a single course, or batch published to multiple sections in a single step. Respondus also includes the following features:
- Supports up to nine question types, including calculated and algorithmic formats.
- Is able to import questions from text or Microsoft Word documents, and can convert test questions from other learning management systems.
- Allows for inclusion of multimedia in questions and the preview of questions prior to publishing.
- Permits the development of quizzes and exams offline.
- Offers the Respondus Test Bank Network which offers textbook test banks that instructions may use if they have adopted a participating textbook.
Faculty and Staff are able to use Respondus to create quizzes and exams for their classes; for teaching assistants and students, Respondus may be used if they are instructing the course or if they are developing assessments for their supervisor or on paper.
Workstation Installation and Licensing
Gallaudet University has obtained a campus-wide license for Respondus software. Faculty and staff may install Respondus on their home of office computer. For faculty and staff wishing to have Respondus installed on their work computers, please make a request with Help Desk for assistance in installing the program.
Respondus is available for Windows only; there is no Mac version available.
After installing Respondus, the program may search for updates. Please allow the program to download and install any updates.
Training and Support
Training is occasionally available for Respondus. Please visit our training calendar - http://www.gallaudet.edu/gts/workshops_and_webinars.html to see if Respondus workshops are available. If a workshop is not available, you may request a 1:1 or a small group consultation by submitting a ticket with Help Desk - http://helpdesk.gallaudet.edu/.