SSL VPN for Apple
To install SSL VPN, you need to have an administrator install the software on your computer. If you do not have administrative rights to your computer, please submit a helpdesk ticket via the Help Desk.
- Open any web browser
- Navigate to http://remote.gallaudet.edu
- Log in using your Gallaudet username and password and then click on Sign In
- You will need to be on the VPN dashboard in order to get VPN agent. Click on "download Network Connect Agents" to enter a list of files to download.
- You will see a list of files. But there is only one. Click on file name "ps-pulse-mac-x-x-x-installer.dmg". A popup will appear to request you to save the file. Select "Save File".
- Navigate to your computer's download folder. Click on the file you recently saved.
- The file will open a new page. Right click the "PulseSecure.pkg" file and select 'open'.
- You are now in the Pulse installer. Click 'Continue' on the bottom right.
- You are now in the Installation Tab. Click 'Install' in the bottom right corner.
- A pop-up will appear to ask your credentials. Input your password in the password bar and then select 'Install Software' in the blue.
- The install will take place. At the end, the installer will show that the installation was successful. Click the 'Close' button in the bottom right.
- Go to your applications folder on your computer. Scroll down to find "Pulse Secure". Right click the file and select 'open'.
- The application will open. You will see a blank screen. In the bottom right, click the '+' button.
- A Pop-up will appear. Change the type to UAC or SSL-VPN, the name should be "Gallaudet", and the server URL should be https://remote.gallaudet.edu. Once finished, click the add button.
- The VPN will now appear in your connections list. Click the connection button.
- A pop-up requesting your credentials will appear. Input your gallaudet credentials and click connect.
- It will appeared green circle with check mark. it means you are connected succesfully. then you may close this pulse secure VPN pop up window.
- The pulse icon on the file bar at the top will appear with an arrow. This means you are connected through the VPN. If you click on it, and select your VPN, the options to Disconnect and Suspend will be available. The same process can be done when trying to connect to the VPN, just click it, select your VPN, and then click 'connect'.