Harkin Digital Learning Center (HDLC) JSAC1100
August 31 - December 5
|Monday - Thursday
||7:30am - 11:45pm
||7:30am - 7:45pm
||10:00am - 4:45pm
||1:00pm - 11:45pm
November 20-29 (Thanksgiving)
|Friday, Nov 20
||7:30am - 4:45pm
|Saturday & Sunday, Nov 21 & 22
|Monday & Tuesday, Nov 23 & 24
||9:00am - 4:45pm
|Wednesday, Nov 25
||9:00am - 1:45pm
|Thursday & Friday, Nov 26 & 27
|Saturday, Nov 28
December 6 - 19 (Final 24 Hours Weeks)
||1:00pm - 24 Hrs
|Monday - Thursday
||24 Hrs - 7:45pm
||9:00am - 4:45pm
December 20 - January 10 (Winter Break) - CLOSED
**Schedules are subject to change without notice.
*Note: Harkin Digital Learning Center (HDLC) in JSAC1100 is strictly limited to our students with current and valid Gallaudet ID. It cannot be used for any class, training, or meeting. Student academic work is always priority in the HDLC Lab.
HMB W-121 - Express Lab
|Monday - Friday
||7:00 am - 4:45 pm
|Saturday & Sunday
eLearning Lab (MLC B220) is a Resource Lab
Use of eLearning Lab
In order to serve the growing need for a computer lab for various uses such as online/proctored testings, and the need to use computers for occasional classroom learning and/or training, eLearning, a unit of Gallaudet Technology Services (GTS) has developed the following rules and regulations in reserving and using the eLearning Lab. eLearning reserves the right to modify these rules and regulations at any time without advance notification.
Rules and Limitations of using the lab:
- You may reserve the lab up to four times per course per semester.
- You can access the lab between 8:00AM and 5:00PM Monday Through Friday.
- Each session may not exceed two hours.
- You may only use the Lab for the purpose of using the lab computers, any other purpose will not be permitted.
- The lab use must be attended/supervised by a faculty member or any staff member assigned to do proctor duty. Classes in the lab may not be unsupervised at any time. The requester will be held responsible maintaining supervision.
- All specific software use requests must be made at least two weeks in advance through the Help Desk.
- If you did not comply with these rules, you will be asked to leave.
Reserving the eLearning Lab
To reserve the eLearning Lab, please submit a HelpDesk request with the following information:
- Full name of requester/instructor
- Course information (Course Name, ID/Nbr, Section)
- Number of Students
- Day, time, length
- Purpose of use (be detailed)
eLearning Lab Rules
- Faculty or staff must be present when lab is in use. No exceptions.
- Exit Procedures:
- Save your work other than on the lab computers
- Flash drive, Z-drive, Google Drive, attach to email, or other storage devices
- Log off computers before leaving.
- Put chairs back. Turn off the TVs.
- Report any malfunction or problem to eLearning Lab Staff.
As a professional courtesy, please cancel your reservation immediately if you discover you will not need to use the lab. This help us to optimally allocate lab use among members of our Gallaudet community.
Inclement Weather Schedule for HDLC
Late Arrival: When the University declares late arrival, HDLC will open 30 minutes prior to the opening time. For example, if the University declares that it is opening at 10:00 am, the lab will open at 9:30 am.
Early Departure: When the University declares early departure, the HDLC will remain open on full lab schedule.
University is officially closed: When the University is declared closed, the HDLC will open at 10:00 am (Monday-Friday) and will close according to the lab schedule.
*Schedules are subject to change without notice*