Policies and Billing
Before doing business with GIS, please familiarize yourself with our policies. Although policies vary from agency to agency, there are several policies which are generally consistent in the interpreting field.
- There is a two-hour minimum charge on all assignments
- GIS requires a notice of cancellation three full business days before a scheduled assignment; otherwise, payment in full is expected. Conferences or on-going classes/assignments may require more notice. Contact GIS for details. All cancellations must be made in writing.
- GIS will look at the length and complexity of the assignment and determine the number of interpreters needed to ensure top quality interpretation for deaf and hard-of-hearing clients and to protect the occupational safety of our interpreters. If you have questions regarding the number of interpreters needed, please contact GIS at 202-651-5199 (V), 202-250-2115 (VP) or e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- GIS will, unless negotiated otherwise at the time of the request, bill for any assignments cancelled due to inclement weather.
*If GIS is covering an assignment for you that is regularly scheduled over a specified period of time (e.g., a class which is scheduled for one semester) and consistent interpreters are needed on the assignment, five full business days notice are required to cancel a single date of the assignment. If the assignment itself cancels after it has begun, you are billed for two weeks or until the end of the assignment, whichever is shorter. Conferences, because of their complexity and preparation time, may require more than three days notice. Contact GIS for details.
Gallaudet Clients (Current Faculty, Staff & Teachers)
- GIS processes all Gallaudet University interpreting bills monthly and charges the appropriate unit. Detailed interpreting bills are sent to the units responsible for payment of interpreting services and the funds are automatically deducted from departmental accounts--no additional paperwork is necessary. Any errors should be brought to the attention of GIS immediately so that corrections can be made during the next billing cycle.
- You may pay for interpreting services by credit card (VISA or Master Card). GIS generates bills on a monthly basis and payment should be received no later than 30 days from the billing date.
For a listing of our current rates, please contact our scheduling office at 202-651-5199 (V), 202-250-2115 (VP) or email us at email@example.com.