Juniper UAC Frequently Asked Questions
- What are the requirements to log into the Juniper UAC system?
- You will need to log into the system using your Gallaudet username and password. We do additional validation checks only for Windows computers.
- What are Windows requirements to log into the Gallaudet network?
- Running Windows 7, Vista, or XP only. We do not allow Windows 95, 98, ME on the network.
- Latest Service Pack is installed.
- Windows is set to automatically download and install Windows patches.
- Current Antivirus software is installed and running Current Antivirus virus definitions.
- Why do you only check Windows computers and not other devices, such as Apple, Linux, etc?
- At this time, Juniper only supports extensive host validation checks with Windows computers. We may add validation testing in the future for other operating systems.
- How does the validation tests work?
- When you open any Internet browser, such as Microsoft Internet Explorer or Mozilla Firefox, to any Internet website then you will be redirected to a page that instructs you to log in and download the Juniper software. Once this has been installed, the agent downloads the validation rules and verifies your computer is compliant with the rules. If your computer fails the test then you will be told the reason(s) and how you can correct the problems.
- Where can I download Sophos Antivirus?
- Sophos Antivirus software can be downloaded from the Gallaudet software website at http://software.gallaudet.edu. You will be asked to enter your Bison login and password to verify that you are a member of the Gallaudet community.
- Is there a charge for Sophos Antivirus?
- No. It is free for Gallaudet students, faculty, and staff.
- I have a device that does not have a web browser. How do I log into the network?
- If you are unable to open a web browser, please contact the Helpdesk for further instructions and information.
- What am I allowed to access on the network if I have not authenticated with the Juniper UAC system?
- You will be able to access the following Gallaudet websites:
- Password Resets
- Bison (Peoplesoft)
- Help Desk
- Gallaudet E-mail
If there are any questions that have not been answered, please contact the Help Desk
and we will answer your question.