Blackboard launched Scholar, built on the principles of Web 2.0, delivering cutting-edge academic resource-sharing capabilities. You can save or "bookmark" favorite Web sites and tag them any way that works for you. Your bookmarks are then added both to your personal list, and an overall repository where others can see them. Both students and instructors can use each other's classifications, as well as any of the other information they now have about those resources, to evaluate and find what they are looking for.
New features and functionality include ways to:
- Create your network - Build relationships with other Scholars and create your Network of Friends, Favorites and Fans.
- Expand your profile - Provide more information about yourself, including your picture, Contact Information, Interests, Education and Work History.
- Find other people with similar interests - Tag your profile with "Interests" and find people with similar interests.
- Update your status - Keep your network up-to-date on what's going on with you. Every time you update your status message, your network will get notified.
- Customize your new homepage - Your new Scholar Home gives you a window into all of your Scholar features, including your streams, Tag Cloud, Profile, Network and Notifications. You can drag-and-drop them to set up the page in whatever way works for you.
- Search better - Try the new user search feature to find other Scholars or filter bookmark searches by your Network.
- Invite people to join Scholar - Start sharing resources and building relationships.