The U. S. Department of Education recommends that each year you take at least four college-track courses from the listing on the back.
Participate in summer academic programs during your summer high school breaks. Gallaudet offers summer programs for high school students.
High School Academic Course Load
The U.S. Department of Education recommends the following high school academic course load for students interested in college:
- English - 4 years
- Mathematics - (including Algebra II or Trigonometry) 3 years
- History & Social Studies- 2 years
- Foreign Language - 2 years
- Natural Sciences- - 2 years
- Visual & Performing Arts - 1 year
- Challenging Electives - (from the list above) 1 year
Other college preparation links