Welcome to the Gallaudet University's Benefits website. Gallaudet University offers a comprehensive benefits package to its regular status staff, faculty, and teachers. This website will enable you to view detailed information regarding each benefit offered by the University. Please refer to the links on the left side. The Benefits Office is also available to assist you in understanding and maximizing your benefits. You can reach the Benefits Office through email or by phone 202-250-2419 (V/VP). You can also stop by the Benefits Office in College Hall, Room 114A.
* The Board of Trustees approved modifications to the Administration and Operations sick policies #4.21 and #5.11, effective July 1, 2014. In accordance with the change in the D.C. Safe and Sick Leave Act, the following changes will be implemented:
1. Short-term temporary staff will earn sick leave, beginning with the first day of employment, but may not be used until 90 days of service. One (1) hour of sick leave per thirty-seven hours (37) hours worked, not to exceed fifty-six (56) hours per calendar year.
2. Short- and long-term substitute teachers can earn sick leave at the rate of one (1) hour per each thirty-seven (37) hours worked, not to exceed forty-nine (49) hours per academic year. Leave is not accessible until after ninety (90) days of service.
3. Staff may use sick leave for an absence for the purpose of caring for an immediate family member, not to exceed fifty-six (56) hours per calendar year.
* The last day to use unused annual leave and Floating Day will be September 21, 2014 for the current fiscal year. Employees may carry over up to 240 hours of annual leave into the next fiscal year.