AR/Speech Language Clinical Coordinator, Department of Hearing, Speech, and Language Sciences
|AR/Speech Language Clinical Coordinator
Department: Department of Hearing, Speech, and Language Sciences
Job Number: HR-11111
Date Posted: 6/25/2012
Salary Range: $56,300 to $101,200
Status: Accepting and reviewing applications
Clinical Coordinators are responsible for providing quality professional services in the evaluation and treatment of patients with speech language disorders and aural rehabilitation needs, and to assist the Director of Clinical Programs (Clinical Director) in the following areas: provide patient care services, assist Clinical Director in the clinical supervision of staff, communicate with and inform the Clinical Director of any problems, changes, or trends affecting staff, patient care, or any other aspects affecting the Department, assist the Clinical Director in the development of procedures regarding clinical competency measures and the subsequent credentialing of clinical personnel and other administrative functions, identify potential clinical program development activities, and assist Director with implementation as requested, identify/coordinate/participate in clinical education activities and research activities. It is expected that provision of Clinical Services will comprise 70% of the incumbent's time, and the remaining 30% would be dedicated to responsibilities of the clinic and assisting the Clinic Director. This position will report to the Director of Clinical Services. In performance of their respective tasks and duties all employees of the Department of Hearing, Speech and Language Sciences are expected to conform to the following: uphold all principles of confidentiality and patient care to the fullest extent; adhere to all professional and ethical behavior standards of the University and healthcare industry, particularly the HIPAA regulations; interact in an honest, trustworthy and dependable manner with patients, students and co-workers; exercise cultural awareness and sensitivity; and maintain a mutual collegiality, civility and respect among colleagues at all times.
Master's degree in Speech Language Pathology from an accredited college or university and a permanent license from the District of Columbia. In addition, a permanent Certificate of Clinical Competence in Speech/Language Pathology from the American Speech-Language-Hearing Association. Minimum of three years of experience in an academic Department of Hearing, Speech and Language Sciences. Ability to use sign language or willingness to learn.