Full-Time Temporary Assistant or Associate Professor Position, Department of Government and History
|Full-Time Temporary Assistant or Associate Professor Position
Department: Department of Government and History
Job Number: UF-121005133352
Date Posted: 10/5/2012
Status: Accepting applications
Department of Government and Public Affairs
Full-Time Temporary Assistant or Associate Professor Position
Position Contingent Upon Funding
The Department of Government and Public Affairs invites applications for a full-time temporary faculty position in its new Master of Public Administration degree program.
Gallaudet University serves deaf, hard of hearing and hearing students from many different backgrounds and seeks to develop a workforce that reflects the diversity of its student body. Gallaudet is an equal employment opportunity/affirmative action employer and actively encourages deaf, hard of hearing and hearing members of traditionally under-represented groups, people with disabilities, women, and veterans to apply for open positions.
• Candidates will have a doctoral degree in Public Administration, Public Policy, Political Science, or other relevant field and demonstrate a strong commitment to both teaching and research. Candidates with substantial managerial experience in public sector, non-profit, or non-governmental agencies who have a Master of Public Administration degree will also be considered.
• Prior teaching experience at the graduate-level is highly desirable
• Proficiency in American Sign Language (ASL) is highly desirable
• Record of scholarly activity (publications, research, presentations) in the field of public administration is highly desirable.
• Teach graduate-level courses such as ethics in management, introduction to public administration, and the capstone experience. Teach other courses that may be taught as electives in the Master of Public Administration (MPA) program.
• Serve as academic advisor to MPA students.
• Supervise students enrolled in the program's Capstone Experience.
• Assist with preparing the program for accreditation.
• Assist with the program's assessment process.
• Fulfill other program, department and university service assignments.
• Perform other duties assigned by the chairperson of the Department of Public Affairs.
Compensation at the rank of Assistant or Associate Professor. Rank and salary are commensurate with experience and qualifications. Appointment will be for the regular nine-month academic year.
Submission deadline is October 15, 2012. Review of applications will begin October 15, and continue until the position is filled. Anticipated starting date is January, 2013.
Send letter of application, curriculum vitae, samples of scholarly work, official graduate school transcripts, and the names, addresses, and contact information for three references (one of whom should be an immediate supervisor) to:
Dr. Francis M. Duffy, Chair
MPA Search Committee
Hall Memorial Building, Room S233C
800 Florida Avenue, NE
Washington, DC 20002-3695
Phone: 202-651-5139 Fax: 202-651-5652