***Gallaudet's Hearing and Speech Center will be closed on Wednesdays from 1:00pm - 2:30pm for professional development.***
Monday - 1:00 pm
Tuesday- 10:30 am
Wednesday - 2:30 pm
Thursday - 1:00 pm and 2:30 pm
Friday - 2:30 pm
***Each Walk In Lasts One Hour***
WALK IN POLICY
It is suggested that you arrive up to 30 minutes prior to the start of the walk in for the opportunity to be seen. There are a maximum number of people seen during each walk-in depending on the request. Be advised, there is a possibility you will not be seen if the walk in capacity is full.
We ask your patience when this happens and suggest that if you are coming from off-campus you call 202/651-5328 V/TTY or 202-250-2119 (toll free 866-957-1232) VRS or email email@example.com to make sure we are open and an audiologist is on duty (if no TTY answer please call back via relay to leave a voice message).
We are very sensitive to the fact that walk-in times have been VERY BUSY the last few semesters. Most of this is due to the increase in the number of people using digital hearing aids. We can only see a certain number of people during walk-in and unfortunately, we have had to turn clients (both Gallaudet and Outpatient) away more often than we would like. In an effort to better meet the needs of all our clients, we are trying different scheduling options for some services. Please check the list below for appropriate WALK-IN services or talk with the secretary to set up an appointment if necessary.
- Impressions for new earmolds
- Earmold fittings
- Earmold modifications
- Earmold tubing replacement
- Hearing aid hook replacement
- Hearing aid troubleshooting
- Sending hearing aids for repair
- Picking up repairs
- Picking up loaner aid or trial aid
- Hearing check for Metro ID card
- Hearing aid fittings for conventional technology ONLY
Recycle Old Batteries here
Place them in the green bucket
The following services are NOT appropriate for Walk-in times:
- Hearing aid fittings for new users
- Hearing aid fittings with digital technology
- Hearing aid check during 30-day trial period following new purchase
- Complete hearing test
- Hearing aid programming changes OF ANY KIND
If you are in need of any of the above services, please discuss with the secretary about scheduling an appointment.