T. Alan and Vicki T. Hurwitz Endowed Scholarship Fund for Student Research and Innovation
President Alan Hurwitz and First Lady Vicki Hurwitz have established a scholarship fund to encourage research opportunities for undergraduate students. Their vision is for Gallaudet students to gain hands-on experiences and participate in ground-breaking research in areas like ASL & Deaf Studies, Biology, and Information Technology.
This fund can be used to support tuition, room and board, and other related academic expenses such as books or lab fees.
Participating in undergraduate research can provide opportunities for students to:
- Work one-on-one with faculty, graduate students, and post-doctoral researchers;
- Contribute to the creation of new knowledge;
- Sharpen critical and analytical thinking skills;
- Complement and extend classroom learning;
- Enhance confidence in students' abilities;
- Prepare for graduate-level study; and,
- Explore interests to clarify career goals.
If you are interested in supporting this fund, you may do by contacting LeMarc Williamson in the Development Office at firstname.lastname@example.org or 202-559-0423 (v/vp).