Applying for Admission to KDES
Welcome! If you are interested in enrolling your child at KDES, you will find all our application forms here. We are now accepting applications for Fall 2016 enrollment.
Requesting to meet with our Enrollment Coordinator is also fast and easy... simply use this form.
- Complete the Admissions Application Form (Español)
- Complete the Release of Information Form (Español)
- Provide copies of your child's birth certificate and proof of home address
- Submit the Student Records Request Form (Español) to your child's current school, if applicable
Applications are not reviewed until all documents are received. Return by fax, mail, or e-mail; or to request assistance:
Phone: 202-250-2216 (Videophone)
Phone: 202-651-5397 (Voice)
Kendall Demonstration Elementary School
800 Florida Avenue, NE
Washington, DC 20002-3695
Required forms prior to enrollment:
- Medical History, (Español)
- Tuberculosis (TB) Risk Assessment Questionnaire, (Español)
- Tuberculin (TB) Skin Test, (Español)
- DC's Department of Health: School Immunization Requirements
- DC's Department of Health: Human Papillomavirus (HPV) Vaccination Opt-out Certificate, (Español)
Local education agency representatives may also apply for admission for deaf and hard of hearing students in their school districts with the support of the student's family.