Kannapell, Robert Harry, 1900-1968
Papers of Robert H. Kannapell, 1919-1935
Gallaudet University Archives
Repository: Gallaudet University Archives
Call No.: MSS 56
Title: Papers of Robert H. Kannapell, 1919-1935
Quantity: 0.5 Linear Feet (1 document box)
Note: This document last updated 2006 January 3.
Acquisition Information: The Robert H. Kannapell collection was given to the Gallaudet University Archives by Ms. Barbara Kannapell.
Processed by: Ulf Hedberg. 1988 October 24.
Conditions on Use and Access: This collection is open to the public with no restrictions. Photocopies may be made for scholarly research.
Related Material in the Archives:
- Photograph album of Mary Kannapell [picture]. Gallaudet University Archives, Call Number: Photograph Album AL 16
- Photograph album of Wesley Lauritsen and LaReine Roper [picture]. Gallaudet University Archives, Call Number: Photograph Album AL 95
- Photograph album of Robert Werdig [picture]. Gallaudet University Archives, Call Number: Photograph Album AL 66
- Robert Harry Kannapell [picture]. Gallaudet University Archives, Call Number: Portraits
- Robert H. Kannapell. Gallaudet University Archives, Call Number: Deaf Biographical
Robert Harry Kannapell was born on January 29, 1900 in New Albany, Indiana. He attended the Kentucky School for the Deaf and was graduated in 1918. Mr. Kannapell was admitted to Gallaudet College in 1918 and received a B.S. Degree in 1923. He worked for The Courier-Journal for 25 years. He died on July 3, 1968, at the age of 68.
Scope and Content
The papers of Robert Kannapell consists of personal mementos dating from 1919-1935. The collection includes memorabilia such as a class banner, a felt bird-like figurine, copies of the Deaf Mutes' Journal, programs, and two yearbooks from the Kappa Gamma Fraternity.
Series Descriptions and Folder Lists
| Box || Folder || Title of Folder || Date
|Class banner and felt bird-like figure