Pennsylvania School for the Deaf Applications 1824-1938


The Pennsylvania School for the Deaf (since 1820) was a residential school for the deaf in Philadelphia. It was founded by David Seixas and the school began in his private home. Laurent Clerc served briefly as principal at the school. In 1825 the school moved to its first official building at the corner of Broad and Pine Streets. It had two separate schools operating in manual and oral methods in different locations. In 1892 they were merged at a new location called Mt. Airy that operated until 1984.

An index of applications to the Pennsylvania School for the Deaf (PSD) is listed. Please click on the first letter of the desired last name.


Go to: A | B | C | D | E | F | G | H | I | J | K | L | M | N | O | P | Q | R | S | T | U | V | W | X | Y | Z


This is an index only. To view applications see the Archives or contact us. NOTE: For privacy issues, all requests will be considered first and require the approval of the Archives Director.

About Gallaudet
Presidential Search
Campus Photos
Clerc Center
Contact Us
Employment Opportunities
Fast Facts
Make an Online Gift
Maps & Directions
Media Inquiries
University Communications
Visitors Center
English Language Institute
Financial Aid
Graduate Admissions
Graduate Orientation
International Admissions
Professional Studies
Test Center
Undergraduate Admissions
Academics & Research
Archives/Deaf Collections
Career Center
Catalog & Course Info
General Studies
Graduate Programs
Honors Program
Office of Academic Quality
Professional Studies
Registrar's Office
Research Support and International Affairs
Undergraduate Majors
Campus Life
Bison Shop (bookstore)
Campus Activities
Food Services
Public Safety
Residence Life and Housing
Washington, D.C.
Tools & Resources
Campus Directory
Daily Digest
Help Desk
Gallaudet Alert-subscribe
GU Press
Kellogg Conference Hotel
Maps & Directions
People @ Gallaudet
Shuttle Bus
Gallaudet University | 800 Florida Avenue NE, Washington, DC 20002
Copyright © 2014 Gallaudet University